Forks Used by Professional Gardeners
Thanks for taking the time to read my article on the best professional garden fork. These are forks that landscapers and commercial gardeners will prefer to use.
They will also be the choice of gardeners who take a lot of pride in their gardens, and want to own and use the best gardening tools available on the UK market.
Needless to say this type of fork will be made to last, and as such they must be heavy duty, tough and durable. They must also be comfortable to use, and be able to stand up to daily use.
There are a lot of different types of forks available on the market which include:
- Digging forks
- Pitch forks
- Border forks
- Potato forks
- Compost forks
- Trenching forks
- Hand forks
In this article though, we are going to focus on the best professional garden forks, and which types of professional forks are the best to use.
All our product recommendations are based on our independent research which we conduct online by reading the many reviews we find at online websites. This review contains affiliate links and we may receive a commission for purchases made.
You can read our affiliates page to find out more and also read about how we write our reviews
What Professional Garden Forks Do You Need?
We believe the term "professional" here is a tad misleading. It gives the impression that the type of garden fork that you are looking at, is one that would be used by commercial landscapers, and by expert gardeners.
When we looked at the product names of garden forks with the word professional in that name, we were surprised to find that these, generally speaking did not get very good online reviews.
We did however do a bit of digging around (pardon the pun) and we did discover just a few that are worth your consideration. We have listed those below.
Most professional landscapers will use machinery to do most of the heavy lifting, but they will also use a good quality and durable digging fork, a border fork, and also a good quality hand style garden fork for the more delicate jobs or for weeding.
Top Rated Professional Garden Forks
We have listed below a variety of types of garden forks that meet what we would describe as professional standards. They get good buyer reviews and that of course is very important.
Fiskars SmartFit Telescopic Digging Fork
- This one is a telescopic option and designed to be used in hard and stony soils
- One tool that can be adjusted to suit people of different heights (105-125 cm)
- D shaped handle
- Long life product as it has a boron steel design
92% buyer satisfaction based on 700+ online buyer reviews
Radius Garden 203 PRO Ergonomic Stainless Steel Digging Fork
- This fork has an ergonomic design that has a patented, high performance, "O-Handle" grip that minimizes hand & wrist stress while maximizing power & comfort to provides a secure grip - wet or dry
- This is a professional, high quality resin-encased steel shaft with unique stainless steel blade design - the shaft is offset for better leverage & comfort
- It has the classic sturdy, square-shaped "English-style" tines that is ideal for turning & cultivating soil, moving mulch, sod, and yard debris, & to thin or divide perennials & vegetables
- The non-slip grip handle allows 4 times the gripping surface compared to conventional tools and has plenty of room for both hands
92% buyer satisfaction based on 300+ online buyer reviews
Draper Expert 44971 Stainless Steel Digging Fork
- This fork forms part of the Draper expert range
- It has a solid ash shaft which has been sanded and lacquered
- It comes with a YD handle for user comfort
- The tines and socket are fully hardened, tempered and mirror polished.
- 58" in length
86% buyer satisfaction based on 300+ online buyer reviews
Spear & Jackson Neverbend Professional Potato Fork
- The Spear and Jackson brand is of course very well known
- This fork has a solid forged carbon steel head and socket
- The extra wide tines are designed for for lifting potatoes or other root vegetables
- It has an epoxy coated head for improved resistance to rust and scratches
- The shaft has been weather proofed
82% buyer satisfaction based on 50+ online buyer reviews
Spear & Jackson 2053NS Select Carbon Steel Weed Fork
- This is our favourite hand size weeding fork and as you can see it gets great buyer reviews
- It has a fabricated carbon steel head and socket heat treated for strength
- The head has also been epoxy coated head for improved resistance to rust, scratches, humidity and alkaline in the soil
94% buyer satisfaction based on 400+ online buyer reviews
Professional Gardening Tools
Landscapers and professional gardeners use a wide range of tools to get gardening tasks done quickly. These include:
- Tillers and cultivators
- Hand Tools
Their business does depend on those getting gardening tasks done quickly. The garden fork is one of those hand tools that will be used a lot, and they do need their tools to be able to stand up to the rigours of everyday use.
They tend to use the better and higher end gardening brands like:
- Kent and Stowe
- Wilkinson Sword
Those usually cost a lot more than general purpose gardening tools. In almost every case your choice of professional gardening fork will come down to:
- What you can afford or are willing to pay
- The brand and type of fork you like to use the best
Ideally if you can get to a gardening centre, then you can try out the different options and simply see which one you like the best.