Black + Decker GL9035GB Electric Strimmer UK Review
This is our review of the popular Black + Decker GL9035 electric grass trimmer model. When we reviewed all of the corded grass trimmers, this one came out as the highest rated of them all.
Now with an average price tag of around £190, this is an expensive option and certainly getting towards the higher end of the price range. That said we have been able to find this product much cheaper at several online stores, so worth shopping around.
Many buyers seem to think it is worth this investment to own a good quality trimmer. I won't argue with them as this is a top notch strimmer to use in the garden.
This trimmer has a cutting width of 35 cm and also has a wheel edge guide which is very useful when it comes to tidying up the edges of your lawn. What most buyers liked though was the single feed line, that just made using the trimmer a great deal easier.
All our product recommendations are based on our independent research which we conduct online by reading the many reviews we find at online websites. This review contains affiliate links and we may receive a commission for purchases made.
You can read our affiliates page to find out more and also read about how we write our reviews
How Buyers Rate the Black + Decker GL9035GB
- Overall hundreds of online buyers have given this trimmer an average buyer satisfaction rating of 92%
- 74% of all buyers have given this one a full 5 star review
- 3% of all buyers have give this trimmer a bad review
What Buyers Said About the Black + Decker GL9035GB Trimmer
What Buyers Liked
- If you are looking for a strimmer to tackle the wilderness, then this is the one for the job.
- Likewise if you want a strimmer that doesn't need replacing every year, this should also be your choice.
- The roller for the edging is very useful for those who like neat edges
- Plenty of power and really good at tackling weeds
- Really useful that you can quickly change between a thin and a heavy spool line
What Buyers Didn't Like
- Buyers agreed that this is a heavier then normal strimmer. It can get tiring after a while, but it is powerful, cuts through grass with ease and is durable. The heavier weight probably helps get the job done, so worth it in the long run.
- A few complained there was nowhere to store the lead.
Black + Decker GL9035GB Specification
Key Specification Details
- Weighs 2 Kg
- Comes with 10 metre cable and UK 3 pin plug
- Has a wheel edge guide to get the lawn edges straight and neat
- Very well balanced and feels good in the hands
- Extra heavy duty line for the really tough jobs - be careful it cuts through just about anything
- Uses a single line feed system
- Has an adjustable second handle to give you better control
- Powerful 900 watt motor
If you need to buy extra line for this Black & Decker model then Google the following part number Black and Decker part number (A6489) You should be able to find an online supplier close to you.
Our Verdict on the Black + Decker GL9035GB
This is an expensive purchase. I would only consider this one if you need to do heavy duty strimming, where there is a lot of those tougher woody, vine style weeds about, or really long high or thick couch grasses.
Gardens with horsetail or Japanese knotweed will be better off with this type of trimmer.
- enda mclarnon
This corded electric strimmer really does get great reviews, and has achieved a very high 92% customer satisfaction rating.
It is strong, very powerful and has a good sized cutting swathe to help you get the job done faster.
Some buyers did state that this is a heavy trimmer and that is true. The second handle which you can adjust is worth getting right as that really helps the balance of this trimmer. If you get that right then you will find this one much easier to use.
This is a very good choice if you have a large area to clear. You should avoid this one if you are using this on a small well manicured area, as this trimmer is too aggressive for this.
This is really a long grass and weed blaster that works quickly and effectively.