Black + Decker B/DGL9035
This is my review of the Black + Decker B/DGL9035 model. When we reviewed all of the corded grass trimmers, this one came out as the highest rated of them all. Now with an average price tag of around £75 is is getting towards the higher end of the price range.
Many buyers seem to think it is worth this investment to own a good quality trimmer. I won't argue with them as this is a top notch strimmer to use in the garden.
Key Specification Details
- Weighs 2 Kg
- Comes with 10 metre cable and UK 3 pin plug
- Has a wheel edge guide to get the lawn edges straight and neat
- Very well balanced and feels good in the hands
- Extra heavy duty line for the really tough jobs - be careful it cuts through just about anything
- Uses a single line feed system
- Has an adjustable second handle to give you better control
- Powerful 900 watt motor
How to replace a spool on a Bacl & Decker String Trimmer
What Buyers Liked
- If you are looking for a strimmer to tackle the wilderness, then this is the one for the job.
- Likewise if you want a strimmer that doesn't need replacing every year, this should also be your choice.
- The roller for the edging is very useful for those who like neat edges
- Plenty of power and really good at tackling weeds
- Really useful that you can quickly change between a thin and a heavy spool line
What Buyers Didn't Like
- Buyers agreed that this is a heavier then normal strimmer. It can get tiring after a while, but it is powerful, cuts through grass with ease and is durable. The heavier weight probably helps get the job done, so worth it in the long run.
- A few complained there was nowhere to store the lead.
If you need to buy extra line for this Black & Decker model then Google the following part number Black and Decker part number (A6489) You should be able to find an online supplier close to you.
Average Buyer Rating
This corded electric strimmer really does get great reviews, and has achieved a very high 96% customer satisfaction rating. It is strong, very powerful and has a good sized cutting swathe to help you get the job done faster.