This is our review of the popular Black + Decker GL9035 electric grass trimmer model. When we reviewed all of the corded grass trimmers, this one came out as the highest rated of them all.
Now with an average price tag of around £70, this is about the average price range. That said we have been able to find this product much cheaper at several online stores, so worth shopping around.
Many buyers seem to think it is worth this investment to own a good quality trimmer. I won't argue with them as this is a top notch strimmer to use in the garden.
This trimmer has a cutting width of 35 cm and also has a wheel edge guide which is very useful when it comes to tidying up the edges of your lawn. What most buyers liked though was the single feed line, that just made using the trimmer a great deal easier.
In a Hurry?
Below we have reviewed this grass trimmer in a lot of detail. However, if you don't have time to read all of the information, then you can check the availability at Amazon UK by clicking the button to the right.
How Buyers Rate the Black + Decker GL9035GB
- Overall hundreds of online buyers have given this trimmer an average buyer satisfaction rating of 88%
- 69% of all buyers have given this one a full 5 star review
- 5% of all buyers have give this trimmer a bad review
This is based on4,500+ online buyer reviews
What Buyers Said About the Black + Decker GL9035GB Trimmer
What Buyers Liked
- If you are looking for a strimmer to tackle the wilderness, then this is the one for the job.
- Likewise if you want a strimmer that doesn't need replacing every year, this should also be your choice.
- The roller for the edging is very useful for those who like neat edges
- Plenty of power and really good at tackling weeds
- Really useful that you can quickly change between a thin and a heavy spool line
What Buyers Didn't Like
- Buyers agreed that this is a heavier then normal strimmer. It can get tiring after a while, but it is powerful, cuts through grass with ease and is durable. The heavier weight probably helps get the job done, so worth it in the long run.
- A few complained there was nowhere to store the lead.
Black + Decker GL9035GB Specification
- Weighs 2 Kg
- Comes with 10 metre cable and UK 3 pin plug
- Has a wheel edge guide to get the lawn edges straight and neat
- Very well balanced and feels good in the hands
- Extra heavy duty line for the really tough jobs - be careful it cuts through just about anything
- Uses a single line feed system
- Has an adjustable second handle to give you better control
- Powerful 900 watt motor
If you need to buy extra line for this Black & Decker model then Google the following part number Black and Decker part number (A6489) You should be able to find an online supplier close to you.
Our Verdict on the Black + Decker GL9035GB
This is an expensive purchase. I would only consider this one if you need to do heavy duty strimming, where there is a lot of those tougher woody, vine style weeds about, or really long high or thick couch grasses.
Gardens with horsetail or Japanese knotweed will be better off with this type of trimmer.
- enda mclarnon
88% buyer satisfaction based on 4,500+ online buyer reviews
This corded electric strimmer really does get great reviews, and has achieved a high 88% customer satisfaction rating.
It is strong, very powerful and has a good sized cutting swathe to help you get the job done faster.
Some buyers did state that this is a heavy trimmer and that is true. The second handle which you can adjust is worth getting right as that really helps the balance of this trimmer. If you get that right then you will find this one much easier to use.
This is a very good choice if you have a large area to clear. You should avoid this one if you are using this on a small well manicured area, as this trimmer is too aggressive for this.
This is really a long grass and weed blaster that works quickly and effectively.
Black and Decker Brand
Over the past century, Black & Decker has become a household name, famous for high quality and innovative products. Making the job easier has always been at the forefront of Black & Decker’s mission. They are a US based company that originated in Baltimore. They make a whole range of tools, gardening tools, and home equipment.
Generally speaking they are considered to be at the more affordable end of the power tool brands. Their motto is to try and simplify the world of DIY and create tools and products that make the task quicker and easier to perform. They have been around for many years, just over 100 in fact, and they have been responsible for many "firsts" to market.