Bosch Isio Cordless Shrub/Grass Shear UK Review
This Bosch Isio shrub and grass shear model, is the best selling hand grass shear in the UK market today. In this article I have completed a full review, and hopefully that will help you decide, if this is the right hand shears for your needs.
This popular cordless strimmer is available with or without a telescopic handle. It is more expensive with the telescopic handle so please be aware of that, if you are considering that as an option.
In other words, you can buy this product and simply use it by hand. If you do that then you will have to bend down or stretch up to do the work.
Alternatively, and if you prefer, it can also be bought with a telescopic handle as an accessory. That then makes it handy to do the low down work, without straining your back.
The RRP for this shrub and grass shear is £64.99 but I would highly recommend looking around online for cheaper prices. When bought with the telescopic accessory, the price moves up to around £85, depending on where you make your actual purchase.
Who Would Buy the Bosch Isio Trimmer?
People use this for around their gardens, yards and patios. As it is a very portable garden tool it is also handy for allotments. Some people even use it to tidy up plots at the graveyard. It is a tool that many buyers state has actually changed the way they do their gardening.
The fact that it can cut grass, but also cut shrubs, makes this one quite unique. Just be aware though, that it can't do heavy duty pruning.
It will however easily tidy up and trim bushes, shrubs and some hedges. It is simply a good garden all rounder, and the fact that it is portable, means you can use it anywhere you like.
Key Specification Details
- This trimmer operates off a 3.6 V lithium-ion battery
- It will run for around 50 minutes of use before the battery needs to be changed again
- The tool is light to hold in the hand and that helps reduce user fatigue
- A simple Multi-Click System means that you can quickly change attachments
- Has a grass attachment and a shrub attachment
- Option to purchase a telescopic handle for those with back issues or problems
What You Get For Your Money
- The Shears
- A blade for cutting shrubs
- A separate blade for cutting grass and edging
- 1 battery charger
- A soft zipped storage bag
- The instuction manual
Buyer Overview of the Bosch Isio Shears
What Buyers Liked
- This tool is really good for getting nice neat edges around your lawn
- It also works really well for trimming grass around pots, along the sides of fences, boards, kerbs and sides of garages and sheds.
- Cuts grass really well and the blade is sharp
- Can handle shrubs very effectively - works best with thicknesses of less than 5 mm
- Work well as topiary shears
- Great for trimming box hedges
- Make a great gift for a gardener
What Buyers Didn't Like
- They are not good for any type of heavy cutting or thick branches on shrubs
- After long periods of use can be sore on the hands
There are thousands of online buyer reviews to read. Overall those buyers have rated these shears at a pretty amazing 94% buyer satisfaction.
I have done a lot of reviews over the years and it is not often that you find any product with such a higher buyer rating.
That is of course a great sign if you are considering making a purchase of these.
I also had a look at the poor ratings and on average 2 out of every 100 buyers were not happy with their purchase. Those that did complain said that these do not cut thicker branches.
To be fair to the manufacturer they do state clearly that this is not what they were designed for. These are trimmers and not pruners.
There are thousands of gardeners who own this product and it has a 94% satisfaction rating. More than any other hand held cordless trimmer, gardeners get quite excited about this one.
Our Opinion on the Bosch Isio Shrub & Grass Shears
It is clearly a very good product, and those who buy it rate it very highly. For me it is just a very handy tool to have around the garden. It takes a lot of the manual work out of trimming hedges, shrubs and grass.
It comes with its own case, so that helps protect it and means that you can carry it around, to wherever you may need to use it. This is an ideal set of shears for quick tidy ups such as lawn edges, and light trimming of hedges.
One thing I would recommend to any potential buyer, is to charge immediately after you finish using it. That way, it will be ready to go the next time you take it from your garage or shed.
I would also recommend that you get the telescopic handle version of these, and especially if you suffer from any type of back problem. With those handles on it just makes your life a great deal easier.
Some products I do dither and often don't recommend them for various reasons. I have been using these for a very long time and quite honestly, they are a fantastic tool to have for your garden.