Draper Gardeners Kneeler Seat
Draper Gardener's Kneeler Seat Review
For around £15 this kneeler seat from the brand Draper, is a very popular choice for gardeners up and down the United Kingdom. It is not perfect but it does get many things right, and it is certainly worth a closer look and review.
If you like the idea of owning a kneeler, that is also a seat and comes with storage, then this Draper model ticks each of those boxes. Overall buyers give this particular kneeler an 88% satisfaction rating. It is as I said, a good choice but not without its flaws.
Most buyers used this for the gardening purposes of weeding or planting. Others used it for various tasks like fixing things outside, at their allotments, for cleaning shoes and any task that would require some sitting and sometimes a bit of kneeling.
People also use this for around their yards, patios, vegetable gardens and large areas of muddy ground. It is also useful to tidy up plots at the graveyard. Other people use it in their greenhouse, their allotment and on hard decks to do planting. Clearly there are many uses for a handy gadget like this one.
Key Specification Details
- Measures 57.2 x 22.5 x 38.2 cm and weighs just under 1 Kg (22" x 8.8 x 15" and weighs around 2.1 lbs)
- Compartment storage under the seat measures 30 x 14 x 4.5 cm (12 x 6 x 2")
- Foam kneeler
- Rubber seat
- In the sitting position will hold someone with a weight no heavier than 90 Kg (14 stones)
Seat in a Garden
Now I did mention that this kneeler has its good points and bad points. I have summarised those below.
What Buyers Liked
- It is good value for money at around the £15 price point
- Made of strong plastic so will not rust
- Quick and easy to clean
- It is very light and easy to move around
- The tool tray is very handy for storing some commonly used tools and bits and pieces like a knife, string etc
- Great for trimming box hedges
- Make a great gift for a gardener
What Buyers Didn't Like
- You can only kneel on one side of the kneeler, so make sure it is the right way around
- A few buyers said that the foam was not that well padded, felt quite firm
- Not suitable for people over 14 stones, or for those who have to exert a lot of pressure on the handles to get up from a kneeling position.
- You can't adjust the height of the seat and for taller people that is an issue
Average Buyer Rating
There are thousands of gardeners who own this product and it has a 88% satisfaction rating. It is not suitable for heavier or taller people in my opinion. For £15 though, it is good value for money.
If this is not the kneeler seat for you, then check our top rated list by clicking here.