Einhell GC-PM 46 S Petrol Lawnmower UK Review
Thanks for taking the time to read our UK review of the Einhell GC-PM 46 S Self Propelled Petrol Lawnmower. This is a powerful and a popular option for many UK gardeners.
The Einhell GC-PM 46 S petrol lawnmower is a good choice for larger gardens, and according to online buyers is well made and robust in nature, which of course offers many years of service.
There are many petrol mowers available on the UK market. Online buyers like this Einhell (a German brand) model, as it is easy to start, and easy to use. The self propelling action makes mowing pretty easy, emptying the grass box is straightforward and when compared to other models, this appears to be really good value for money.
- Enda mclarnon
Who Should Buy the Einhell GC-PM 46 S?
Hopefully the above information gives you a better understanding of the type of use you will be able to get from this mower. Overall, online buyers have given this GC-PM 46S model an 80% buyer satisfaction.
- 63% of all buyers gave this a full 5 star review
- 17% of all buyers have given this a poor review
The Feature Highlights
Power & Working Speed
This model is a one-cylinder four-stroke air cooled engine that generates a high torque, and has a disengageable rear-wheel drive. It generates 1.9 KW of power with a cutting speed of 2900 RPM
The cutting width on this mower is good at 46 cm (18.1inches.) This is around the average cutting width for this type of petrol mower.
The cutting height can be adjusted between 30-80 mm (1-3 inches) There are 9 different options on this mower and simple to adjust with a lever.
That is a good selection of heights, and also a good range to deal with long to shorter grass heights.
Grass Collector Bag
This model has a 50 litre catch bag, which is slightly higher than most mowers of this type. The bag has been designed to be really hard wearing, and easy to take off and put back on.
There is a level indicator on the side of the box for easy viewing.
- Measures 76.5 cm long, 53 cm wide and 43.4 cm in height
- Engine displacement 139 cubic centimetres
- Generates 1.9 Kilowatts of power
- The fuel tank has a capacity of 1.3 litres (last for around 30 minutes)
- Wheel diameter (front) 17.78 cm (rear) 20.4 cm
- The starter cable is easy to reach on the long handle
- Has a folding, long handle which is height-adjustable
- The housing is made of powder-coated sheet steel and in a bright red brand colour
- The grass bag is hard wearing and has a level indicator so as you can quickly see when it is time to empty the box
Our Opinion on the Einhell GC-PM 46 S
Is it value for money?
Petrol mowers cost on average between £180-300, so this model does sit at the lower end of the price point, for this standard and class of mower. The price point therefore makes this an attractive option for many people. It is clearly good value for money, so it ticks that box.
Does this mower cut well?
The vast majority of buyers said the mower starts first time and is very easy to use. The petrol consumption is good and it is well made with a strong housing, and very good blades. It is suitable for gardens of up t0 1400 square metres, which is a big garden.
It can be used without the self-propelling feature and it is even easier to use when this feature is used. All buyers said the grass collection system is very good.
The cutting width, and range of cutting height options is very good, so no real complaints with its overall cutting performance.
Customer Service and After Care
This is where the main complaints arise about this mower. You may have noticed earlier that we mentioned 17% of all buyers gave this mower a poor review. There does seem to be an issue with getting spare parts should anything go wrong.
The warranty on this mower is 2 years, which is standard, and you are covered under the warranty. After the 2 year period is where the problems appear to be. There is an Einhell service website for parts which you can see by clicking here.
We checked it out, and some parts were available, but not all of them.
In addition to this a couple of buyers said the blades came off when using it. You should consider the above information before making any purchase. To balance this out, most buyers do appear to be happy with their purchase with two thirds of buyers giving this model a 5 star review.
- We hope that we have supplied you with some useful review information
- There are over 500 online reviews, so we do know that this model sells well and has done so for a number of years
- Assembly is very easy when compared to many other brands, and it does look really good and is overall well designed and well made
- It is a good choice for medium to large gardens and has all the right features
- The main draw back is that it might be difficult to obtain spare parts if the mower ever needs some part replaced
We have completed a top 10 list of petrol lawnmowers which you can read by clicking here. This Einhell model came in at number 10 on the list, in terms of buyer satisfaction. Despite that lower position, this model does continue to sell on a consistent basis.