This is our detailed review of the highly buyer rated Flymo Easi Glide 300 Hover Collect Lawn Mower This hover mower came out as the number two buyer rated hover mower, on our top 5 list that is currently available in the UK.
The brand is of course a well known brand in the UK. They currently produce gardening tools for the UK market, that include; mowers, grass trimmers, lawn rakes, hedge trimmers, leaf blowers and vacuums.
Flymo are best known in the UK however for producing and manufacturing a range of hover mowers. This Easi Glide 300 is one of the best rated of these.
Most hover mowers have a price of around £60-£150 depending on what features you want. This 300 model costs on average around £110-£130 depending on where you buy it. It has a powerful 1,300 watt motor, a 20 litre grass collection box, a 30 cm cutting blade and 4 cutting heights.
About the Flymo Brand
Flymo are a brand that forms part of the Husqvarna group, who are known primarily for their chainsaws, and also for their robotic lawn mowers and garden tractors. They have dominated the hover mower market in the UK for many years, and make a range of different types of hover mowers. Flymo do build all their own mowers here in the UK, and have been doing so for 50 years.
About the Hover Mower
Hover mowers are small, lightweight and very easy to use. That makes them an ideal choice for anyone with an irregularly shaped lawn, a sloped lawn and work well on small to medium sized gardens. They are also a good choice for someone who wants a compact lawn mower to store in a tight space.
Just below we have included what we believe to be the most important features of this Easi Glide 300 model.
- Has a powerful 1,700 watt motor
- It has a 30 cm cutting width from 10-30 mm height adjustment
- It has a grass collection box with a 20 litre capacity
- The cable length is 10 metres
- Measures 135 cm high and 69 cm when the handle is folded down, and has a width of 40 cm
- It weighs 10.6 kg
- Has a rear handle for easy carrying
- It arrives with you fully assembled and can quickly fold away for easy storage
- There is easy access to the grass box which helps when you have to empty it
- The handles fold down for neat and tidy storage
The good thing about this mower is that it comes fully assembled straight out of the box. That means you don't have to put anything together and no tools are required.
This mower is suitable for small to medium sized gardens but not for larger gardens. This mower does collect the grass but be aware that not all hover mowers do.
The grass collector compacts the grass and that means you can collect more grass, and that of course speeds things up when it comes to mowing your lawns.
The four separate cutting heights allow you to vary the length of the grass depending on the weather. This mower uses a metal blade for clean cutting and that reduces the risk of tearing your grass.
if you are a gardener you will already know that tearing the grass ultimately results in the grass drying out, and that is a common cause of yellow grass.
How Buyers Rate this mower and What They Have to Say
Based on 1,600+ online buyer reviews
Many buyers turn to the Flymo brand when they are thinking of buying a good hover mower. That is because that is the most recognised brand for this type of mower.
This Easi Glide 300 is one of their better options and at 86% buyer satisfaction is also one of their highest rated. Here at this website we like to read the reviews and then summarise those for you.
Hopefully that will save you a lot of work having to find, read and then try to make sense of all the different buyer ratings and comments.
In the pros and cons table below, we have listed in summary form both the good and bad points that buyers made when they left their reviews.
There are well over 1,000 buyer reviews online so that should tell you that this lawnmower has sold in its hundreds of thousands throughout the UK and in Ireland.
- 63 out of every 100 buyers rate this model as a 5 star product
- 6 out of 100 buyers gave this a bad rating
- Overall the buyer satisfaction rating was 86%
- Buyers say this is a small mower that is light and easy to manoeuvre around the gardens
- This model has 2 wheels at the front that make moving it over hard paths a great deal easier as you don't have to lift it up
- One of the best mowers for easy storage as the grass box folds, the handles fold and it takes up very little room
- This mower copes really well with slopes and for cutting grass around trees
- The grass box does not really do that good a job of compacting the grass
- Main complaint is that it spits out more grass than it actually collects and that means a lot more cleaning up afterwards
- A few buyers had problems with it tripping their electric supply
When you have read as many reviews on hover mowers as we have, there are certain characteristics that come up time after time. There are two type of hover mower buyers:
- New first time buyers
- People changing to a hover mower as their old mower has either broken down or has become too heavy to use
If you have a small to medium sized garden in the UK, then the hover mower will do a good enough job. However I have never used a hover mower that does not spit out some grass.
That is down to the nature of their air blowing design. First time buyers have nothing to compare this to and for those who have used a rotary or petrol style mower, they will not be that impressed with the grass collection.
I have used a lot of hover mowers, and when finished I have always had to brush down paths and back yards, sadly that is the nature of the beast.
On the opposite side, if you have never had a mower with a grass collector, then you will be delighted with this one.
Click on any of the images above to see a larger version.
Our Verdict on the Flymo Easi Glide 300 Hover Mower
This Flymo Easi Glide 300 hover came out as the number two choice in our top 5 list of hover motors, thanks to a good solid 84% buyer satisfaction.
It is well priced and will do a very good job at cutting small to medium sized gardens.
You will need to clean up a little afterwards as not all of the grass will get collected into the grass container.
If this is not the hover mower for you, then why not have a look at other hover mowers
The Flymo Easi Glide 300 is a lightweight and affordable hover mower that is ideal for small to medium-sized gardens. It is easy to use and maneuver, and it does a good job of cutting grass even on slopes. However, it is important to note that hover mowers are not known for their grass collection capabilities, so you may need to do some additional cleanup after mowing.
Overall, the Flymo Easi Glide 300 is a good value for the money, and it is a good option for homeowners who are looking for a lightweight and easy-to-use hover mower