This is our detailed review of the highly buyer rated Flymo Turbo Lite 250 Hover Hover mower. This hover mower came out as the number one buyer rated hover mower, on our top 5 list that is currently available in the UK.
Flymo are best known in the UK however for producing and manufacturing a range of hover mowers. This Flymo Lite 250 is one of the highest rated of these, with an overall buyer satisfaction rating of 86%.
This particular model has sold a lot. When we were doing our research we found almost 2,000 online buyer reviews. That should tell you just how well this mower sells, and it has done so for the last few years.
Most hover mowers have an average price of around £100 and this one sits around that price bracket. It has a powerful 1,400 watt motor, a 25 cm cutting blade and folds flat for easier storage.
About the Flymo Brand
Flymo are a brand that forms part of the Husqvarna group, who are known primarily for their chainsaws, and also for their robotic lawn mowers and garden tractors.
They have dominated the hover mower market in the UK for many years, and make a range of different types of hover mowers. Flymo do build all their own mowers here in the UK, and have been doing so for 50 years.
About the Hover Mower
Hover mowers are small, lightweight and very easy to use. That makes them an ideal choice for anyone with an irregularly shaped lawn, a sloped lawn and work well on small to medium sized gardens.
They are also a good choice for someone who wants a compact lawn mower to store in a tight space.
Hover mowers work on the following principle. The drive shaft of the motor, powers a fan which is attached above the cutting blades. The impeller draws air from above the cutting housing which creates pressure on the underside, lifting the mower from the lawn
Important Features on this Flymo Mower
Just below we have included what we believe to be the most important features of this Flymo Turbo Lite 250.
- Has a typically sized 1,400 watt motor which can handle gentle slopes and bumpy gardens
- It has a 25 cm cutting width that uses a metal blade
- The cable length is 10 metres
- Does not have a grass collection box as it allows the cut grass to be used for mulching
- Measures 79 x 39 x 80 cm
- It weighs 5.1 kg (just over 11 lbs)
- Four Cutting height options (11-31 mm using spacers) - you do need to do this manually
- Folds down for storage and can be wall mounted
- Can be switched on by either the left or right hand
- Comes with a 2 year warranty
The good thing about this mower is that like all Flymo hovers, it comes fully assembled straight out of the box. That means you don't have to put anything together and no tools are required.
This mower is suitable for small gardens but not for medium to larger gardens.
The four separate cutting heights allow you to vary the length of the grass depending on the weather. This mower uses a metal blade for clean cutting and that reduces the risk of tearing your grass.
I you are a gardener you will already know that tearing the grass ultimately results in the grass drying out, and that is a common cause of yellow grass.
How Buyers Rate this Mower
With regards to buying a hover style mower, most UK buyers turn to the Flymo brand. That is simply because Flymo is the most recognised brand for this type of mower.
This Flymo Turbo Lite is one of their lighter options and with an 86% buyer satisfaction is also one of their highest rated. Here at this website we like to read the reviews and then summarise those for you.
Hopefully that will save you a lot of work having to find, read and then try to make sense of all the different buyer ratings and comments.
In the pros and cons table below, we have listed in summary form both the good and bad points that buyers made when they left their reviews. In other words what they liked and did not like.
There are hundreds of buyer reviews online so that should tell you that this lawnmower has sold in its tens of thousands throughout the UK and in Ireland.
- 66 out of every 100 buyers rate this model as a 5 star product
- 7 out of 100 buyers gave this a bad rating
- Overall the buyer satisfaction rating was 86%
- Buyers say this is a very light mower and easy to carry around
- Buyers liked the fact that you could attach the handles and it was ready to use
- Buyers said the lead was long enough to reach the length of their garden
- Buyers said this is a quiet mower and does a very good job of grass cutting
- Overall buyers say if used regularly, this mower works well for a small garden
- A few buyers said this mower is just a bad plastic design
- Some buyers say you spend too much time cleaning the inside of the mower as it does not mulch that well
- Buyers said this is really only any use on very small lawns
This is the classic and most basic type of hover mower. The general consensus from the UK buyers is that this is your typical hover mower, and is light in weight and easy to handle and move about.
The down sides are typical for most hovers, are the grass can easily get blown on to path ways etc. and it can often clog up underneath the mower.
Our Verdict on the Flymo Turbo Lite 250 Hover Mower
This Flymo Turbo Lite 250 came out as the number one choice in our top 5 list of hover motors, thanks to a good solid 86% buyer satisfaction.
It is well priced and will do a very good job at cutting small sized gardens. It is not a good choice for anyone who wants a grass box, and certainly not suitable for medium to large sized gardens.
Most buyers agreed that this is light in weight and is very easy to assemble and store.
If this is not the hover mower for you, then why not check out our top 5 list of hover mowers by clicking here.
According to all of the buyer reviews that we read, most people were happy with the overall performance. It is worth remembering that this type of mower is really only suitable for smaller gardens.
As long as you keep the grass under control, you could use one of these on a small sized garden.
This mower has a metal cutting blade,and that really does help give your lawns a very clean and tidy cut.