Keter Store It Out Max Outdoor Plastic Garden Storage Shed - UK Review
With the Keter Store It Out Max Outdoor plastic garden storage shed, you can finally have a solution to all your garden, and outdoor storage problems.
This hard plastic shed, will hold all your gardening tools, your BBQ items, bikes, brushes and even a couple of wheelie bins.
It has an RRP of £149.99, but you can find it online for on average around £99. Online buyers have given this storage shed a rating of 84%
It has maintained this rating from thousands of online buyers. That number of reviews will tell you right away, that the Keter brand have sold thousands of these, to many happy and content buyers.
Keter also do a smaller version of this known as the Keter Midi, and you can read that review by clicking here.
As you can see this shed looks great, and it has been cleverly designed to meet the needs of most UK households. Let's have a closer look at it, in this detailed review.
Keter Store It Out Max Summary Review
So we know already that online and at some gardening stores it costs around £99, We also know it gets good online buyer ratings of 84%. However we now want to have a closer look.
In summary this shed is made from plastic panels with a wood effect look. It has a 1,200 litre capacity so holds a lot.
The floor is heavy duty, and the lid is piston assisted, to help it open and close easily. The doors open wide and there are two bolts for secure closure.
This shed will not fade in the sun, and there is no maintenance required to look after it. The odd wipe clean is about all you will ever need to do.
Keter Store It Out Max Key Specification Details
- When assembled, it measures (L x W x H) 145.5 x 82 x 125 cm (57.3 x 32.3 x 49 inches)
- For simple and rough measurement it is about 5 feet long, 4 feet high and 3 feet wide
- It weighs 30 Kg (66 lbs) - just under 5 stones
- Storage capacity is 42 cubic feet or 1,200 litres
- It is a beige and brown colour as you can see in the images
- It features a hydraulic piston-assisted lid and two wide opening doors for easy access to contents
- There are also two lid-lifter chains included to facilitate hands-free opening of wheelie bins stored inside. - Attaches these from the lid to the bin lid, and problem solved.
- The main door has a bolt with padlock capability
- There is also a foot bolt
- If ordered, it will arrive flat pack style, and will need assembled
- It will hold two 240 Litre Trash Bins
- Weather resistant, easy to clean and low maintenance
- Waterproof and ventilated
- Designed to fit under fence and window heights
- Takes around 30 minutes to build it and set it up
- No rust, peeling, dents or rust problems
- Shelving options for internal storage
- 2-Year limited warranty
Below you can find three images of this Keter storage shed. Please click on each to see a bigger version.
Doors Closed & Bolted
Showing Some Stored Items
Storing Wheelie Bins
Short Video Review of the Keter Store It Out Max Outdoor Plastic Garden Storage Shed
We found this very good review on YouTube, and we think it does an excellent job of explaining exactly how the benefits of owning this storage shed.
Keter Store It Out Max Buyer Overview
The online buyer satisfaction rating is always something that you should have a look at very closely.
This is a popular choice for a good storage shed for your garden and it is from a well known brand.
It stands up to the weather very well and it also holds a lot of stuff.
When I checked all the online reviews, I discovered that around 60% of those buyers rated this one very highly, and in essence gave this shed the full 5 star treatment.
Just under 9% of online buyers said that this product was poor and that they didn't like it or rate it that highly. I shall certainly check why that was the case and have shown that just below.
What Buyers Said About the Keter Store It Out Max
What Buyers Liked
- It looks great and holds a whole range of garden stuff
- Buyers said it was sturdy, well designed and came with good instructions
- Buyers loved the chains that came to hook up the bin lids
- Very useful for storing kid's bike and all of those toys, some even used it to store the baby's buggy
- Some people used this to store their BBQ and the various bits and pieces that go along with that
- Many buyers used this to store the cushions off their patio furniture
- Nice to have the bolt that you can attach a padlock to
What Buyers Didn't Like
- Some buyers said that the shed turned up with parts missing or with parts broken, and they had to return it, which was a hassle
- Some buyers said you would need a degree to assemble it
- Some buyers said that when assembled, it felt flimsy and low quality
Our Verdict on the Keter Store It Out Max Outdoor Shed
Clearly from the buyer reviews, this is a shed that is pretty versatile for many different storage solutions.
Popular uses are for garden tools and mowers. After that the use for this shed varies a lot from BBQ gear, to patio cushions, to kid's toys and just about anything else you can think of.
We think that at the £99 price point this is good value for money, and is why we have rated it slightly higher than most online buyers. If you had to pay the RRP, then we think that is just a bit too expensive.
At the end of the day it is just a plastic box with a lid. Well OK, it is more than that, but hopefully you get the jist of what I am saying.
It is a good solution for gardening tools, and the many things we seem to gather up around the garden and patios. I liked the fact that it weathers well and the piston assisted lid is a very useful feature.
Some buyers may be looking for something smaller. If you are one of those, then check out the Keter Midi as that is a smaller 845 litre option. You can read about the Keter Midi by clicking here.
Quite often these can get more abuse than is ideal. They are not really made for sitting on, and many buyers said that kids tend to swing on the doors if they are left open.
If the shed is well positioned and cared for then it does last a long time.