Thanks for taking the time to read our UK review of the Palram Monaco Garden Gazebo. The Palram brand are world leaders in the production of outdoor polycarbonate structures. That includes products such as greenhouses, patio covers, gazebos, car ports, sheds, chalets and door awnings.
Their garden gazebos are not cheap, but they are suitable for BIY installation, and they are built to last a lifetime. Aside from looking extremely good, their gazebos will last you for many years, and no maintenance is required.
How Buyers Rate This Gazebo
- Overall buyers have given this gazebo an average 88% satisfaction rating
- 78% gave it a full 5 star rating
- 11% of all buyers gave this gazebo a bad rating
Normally when we do reviews, we like to see a buyer satisfaction rating of at least 80%. This gazebo sits above that threshold. The official name for this product is Palram Palermo Garden Gazebo 3000, and they also offer another model known as the 3600.
We have included an image of a Palrum gazebo just below.
What Buyers Say - Pros & Cons
Buyers were really impressed about how easy this was to set up
Buyers were also impressed by the way this gazebo stood up to very strong winds
Buyers loved the appearance of this once it was installed
A couple of buyers said this received some damage in the post during transit
- This gazebo measures 295 x 295 x 276 cm (LxWxH)
- It weighs 82 Kilograms
- The gazebos has a reinforced design with durable and a corrosion resistant anthracite powder coated ﬁnished aluminium proﬁles and galvanized steel connectors (the profiles are also pre-drilled)
- The manufacturer states that this is virtually unbreakable
- It has 100% UV protected 6 mm twin-wall polycarbonate panels
- It also has treated unique bronze glazing - blocks harmful UV rays, transmits natural sunlight yet provides suﬃcient shading
- Comes with an integrated gutter system – allows water collection (dia. 40 mm / 1.5’’)
- There is also local UK support
- Height of entry beam is 210 cms
- Posts are 14.5 x 9 cm
- This gazebo can handle a snow load of 120 kg/m2
- It can resist winds up to 90 km/hr (60 miles/hour)
- This comes with 16 concrete anchors and has closable curtains
When you read the number of reviews that we have, you can pick out some really useful information. We have shared our findings just below:
Setting up any gazebo does take a bit of time. This model is no exception. The biggest complaint about setting up many gazebos is that the instructions are not that clear. That is not the case with this product. All the instructions are clear and they are very easy to understand.
This takes about 4-5 hours to set up and we would always recommend having 2 people to help make the build a great deal easier. It also makes the build a great deal safer. As they always say, two heads are better than one.
Another huge complain about gazebos is that they easily get ripped apart in the wind. This is also sadly a very genuine complaint. Cheap flimsy gazebos will either get blown away, will rip or even buckle if exposed to very strong winds. In exposed places this type of damage can happen very quickly.
This is a very strong gazebo. Now with some gale force winds, it is hard to be 100% certain. That said, the manufacturer does say that this model is good up to about 60 mph.
There is always something to be said about not having to continually maintain something. If you have to trim hedges, pain sheds or external woodwork such as fences, then you know exactly what we mean.
.The quality of the aluminium on this and the various coasting do prevent any rust. That does mean it will be maintenance free, and that in our opinion is always a very good thing.
Value for Money
This is not a cheap buy, and many would consider this to be too expensive. Palram are one of the very few companies who make their external products from high quality materials.
At the end of the day you get what you pay for.
Our Verdict on the Palram Monaco Garden Gazebo
We do like the Palram brand, and this gazebo , like all their products is well made. This should be considered as an investment for your outdoor space.
It looks great and is very well made. Most importantly it is built to last for many years. The option is always there to buy a cheaper one, but as we have explained it is very likely that you will waste your money.
A gazebo of this quality will be around for many years, require no maintenance and will look great in any setting.