The Bosch ART 23 SL Electric Grass Trimmer is the best selling corded strimmer, that is currently available on the UK market. The main reason for that is I believe down to the very affordable average price point of around £25
It is by a good distance the best selling strimmers in the UK market. The affordable price of around £25, coupled with a 4.2 out of 5 star rating, has made this the most popular choice of all the available corded strimmers. It also has the really solid and reliable Bosch brand behind it.
This one is ideal for those with small gardens, as it is lightweight and easy to use.
Key Specification Details
- Compared to many other models, this one only weighs 1.7 Kg, and helps avoid arm fatigue.
- A small motor of around 280 watts (Not ideal for medium to larger gardens)
- A 23 cm cutting width
- Comes with a 2-year guarantee
- Has a telescopic handle
- Uses a semi-automatic cutting line
- It is well balanced and very easy to use
- The cord length is around 5 metres (Most people will need to use an extension lead)
Short Video Review
Bosch ART 23 SL Main Review
This is of course a corded product. You plug it into the mains and you are good to go. That of course avoids the worries of having to charge a battery, or worry about trying to start up a petrol strimmer. That also makes it relatively environmentally friendly.
The trimmer is driven by a powerful 280 watt motor, and that can deliver up to a huge cutting speed of 12,500 rpm. That is impressive by any standards. So we know that powering it up is easy, and we know that it delivers fast cutting to the main cutting head.
The Cutting Head
People often refer to this as the cutting capacity, and in essence they are talking about the cutting width. With the ART 23 model it has a circular cutting swathe of 23 cm in diameter. That is a good sized cut and certainly will speed up the entire strimming process.
Ease of Use
Many buyers said that this one was also very easy to use. Many of these grass trimmers can be difficult to get used to, and are often frustrating to use. All the parts come together well with this ART 23 model. This is another good reason why it sells so well.
The Spool and Feed
This is the problem with most grass trimmers, keeping a constant feed. There is a balance to be had between having a good length of feed, and also not using the feed or line up to quickly. That can be a hard balance. With automatic feed strimmers the line is fed out each time it is powered on.
While this ensures a long line each time, it can also be wasteful. This model has what is called a semi-automatic feed. It feeds a little out when switched on, and you can then manually let more line it when you need it. That is a good compromise between being thrifty and yet still fully functional.
What Buyers Liked
- This tool is really good for smaller garden sizes
- It does work well on the tougher grasses and weeds, but it has a small motor, so more powerful strimmers will work faster
- Snaps together quickly and feels really solid
- Many buyers really liked the weight of this model as it was not a beast to work with
- Line feeds out when the machine is stopped and then started again so no need to worry about bump feeding
What Buyers Didn't Like
- Some found the cord a little shorter than they would have liked and had to use an extension lead
- Some said it was feed hungry and that the string kept breaking
It is the best seller in the UK market. This strimmer has been bought by thousands of home owners, and has maintained a consistently steady rating.
If you have a small garden or simply use a strimmer for a bit of general tidy up, then this one will do the job nicely.
If these are not the right corded clippers for you, then you can read about other strimmers here.
Overall though it is clear that generally speaking buyers like the Bosch ART 23 SL Electric Grass Trimmer. It is a huge seller, and that would simply not be the case, if this machine was poor quality. It can tackle light grass, lawn edges, and also get stuck into the thick or long stuff if needs be.
Buyers say that the tool is easy to operate. It is certainly lightweight and has a nice balanced weight distribution when in use. That makes it comfortable and also easy to manoeuvre, Overall we think it is an ideal lawn care tool.