The Black and Decker GL7033GB corded strimmer, like many of these strimmers, is designed to help tidy areas you cannot reach with a lawnmower.
Ease of Use
With an average price of £140-150, this is not a cheap option, but the buyer reviews are very good, and most of them say it is worth the money.
- This model also has a wheel edge guide which is great for the edging of lawns
- Comes with an extra heavy duty line for heavy duty weed cutting
- It has a second handle for increased balance and control
- Uses Black and Decker "E-Drive technology" which offers a high torque gear system that gets the job done faster through an improved rate of cut
There are plenty of this type of strimmer on the market. This B&D model is best suited for tougher strimming, such as really long thick grasses, and those tough woody weeds.
If not used carefully, this can easily leave you with bare spots in the garden. It is also light, and the single feed system works really well.
- enda mclarnon - editor
How Does it Compare to Other Strimmers
There are a few key features to look out for when you are buying a grass strimmer. The important ones are the power of the motor, the cutting swathe, the feed system and the weight.
We have explained those below, and then explained if this GL7033GB model meets these four key features.
- The motor inside these strimmers is connected to the base of the strimmer through a set of gears. It is this combination of electrical energy (watts) and the gear type, that create the speed which is measured in revolutions per minute (rpm).
- The faster this can be, then the better the strimmer cable can cut through the grass and weeds.
- This model has a 700 watt motor which delivers a 7,000 rpm cutting speed, and that is in the higher range when compared to the average strimmer that is around 550-600 watts and a 6,000 rpm
- The cutting swathe is basically the cutting width, or what size it will strim in one revolution
- This model has a cutting width of 33 cm, which again is at the higher end as the average cutting swathe is around 25-30 cms
- Different brands have different feed systems on their strimmers. It is this feature that causes the most frustration for anyone using a strimmer as the line can break easily, and it is not always easy to recover
- This model uses an automatic single line feed, which feeds a little line out each time the strimmer is switched on, so makes this task hassle free
Weight and Manoeuvrability
- The weight is what will cause arm fatigue. if only be used for light strimming, this is not a big deal. However if you have a larger space to clear, then the weight is an important consideration.
- This model weighs slightly over 3 kg with the average weight for these being around 3.2 - 3.6 kg, so it is slightly lighter than the average strimmer
So as you can see, this Black & Decker GL7033GB model is better in every feature than an average strimmer. In our reviews we also like to include a summary of what buyers had to say about the strimmer, after they had purchased it, used it, and then taken the time to leave a review.
Black & Decker GL7033GB Pros & Cons
Our Verdict on the Black & Decker GL7033GB
The only thing we don't like about this model is the price point. If you can afford that, then this model will not disappoint you.
The cable length is 10 metres which is pretty standard for a strimmer. It does however perform better on all the other main features, so that makes this model a very good purchase.
It also comes with four heavy duty lines, a heavy duty line spool and a standard line spool.
If you decide this is not the strimmer for you, then check out our top 5 table of electric corded strimmers by clicking here. This model did come in at number 4 on that list, so it's up there with the best of them.