Darlac DP400 Lightweight Garden Shears UK Review
These garden shears from a company called Darlac, and these came in at number three on our top 10 rated list of garden shears. Overall buyers rated these highly in terms of satisfaction, and value for money at an impressive 92%.
It is pretty hard to argue with that type of rating.
These are extra long handled garden shears, that are perfectly weighted. They feel very balanced in your hands, and that helps make them very easy to use.
Darlac DP400 Key Features
Just below I have included the important features, and why they bring with them benefits for all types of gardeners in the UK.
Darlac DP400 Shears Specification
Key Specification Details
- These have extra long handles that makes higher up cutting a great deal easier.
- The blades are razor sharp, and are also coated with carbon to prevent rusting - the blades are also very easy to sharpen.
- They have buffers close to the handle, that prevents the metal ends of the blades banging together - that makes it a lot easier on your hands as well - in other words they act like mini shock absorbers.
- They weigh 880 grams (25 ounces)
- Average Cost £30-40
How Buyers Rate These Shears
In this section I have included what buyers have to say about these shears. It is always a good idea to take onboard what real life buyers have to say. After all they have bought and used the product, and then taken the time to leave a review.
Overall buyers rated these highly with a 92% buyer satisfaction rating, and that is an excellent rating for any type of gardening tool.
- Online buyers gave these shears an average 92% buyer satisfaction rating
- 82% of all buyers gave these a full 5 star review
- Only 2% gave these a bad rating
What Buyers Said About the Darlac Shears?
In this section we summarise in a table what we found when we read the online reviews of around 100 buyers. This type of information is very useful, as these are real life buyers who have bought the product, used it and then taken the time to leave a review.
What Buyers Liked
- They cut long grass very well and they also cut hedges with some ease
- Some users found these great for cutting and trimming between rocks, as the blades are thin and sharp
- Well balanced, very light and easy to use
- Great for anyone suffering from arthritis or who has a weak grip
- No jamming or sticking with these
- Great for trimming box hedges
- Make a great gift for a gardener
What Buyers Didn't Like
- A couple of buyers though they were too heavy to use and worth noting that those that said that were female and in their later years
Our Verdict on the Darlac DP400 Garden Shears
The Darlac brand is a very high quality brand. I am not too surprised to therefore see a 92% satisfaction rating. Buyers also like these shears, as they have given them a very high rating.
If these are not the shears for you, then please click here to go to my top 10 rated list of garden shears.
With a buyer rating of 92%, there is little doubt that these are good quality shears. Almost every single buyer said that they were "VERY" sharp, and that the point was perfect for really precise cutting.
What I did find interesting was that many buyers commented on the bounce of these shears. For those that are not familiar with what that means, I will try and explain this.
When clipping with hedge shears you start to get a rhythm, and that makes cutting easier. So when you clip and make a cut, then the shears bounce slightly open again, making the next cut easier and faster.
Buyers also said the extra length in the handle makes these a good choice for those that are not as strong as they used to be. Finally buyers also said that after extensive use, the blades have remained very sharp.