Many people will know that Draper as a brand make good quality tools at affordable prices. It is no big surprise therefore to find them in the gardening market. We have these garden shears at number two in our main list of garden shears, just behind the Spear and Jackson model.
Buyers rate these shears highly. They have rated them at a high 82% satisfaction rating, and that really does say a lot. They certainly look good, so let's take a closer look at the buyer's thoughts and views.
If you are looking for something in the cheaper price range, then these Draper shears are priced at around £14-17.
The final price that you pay will of course depend on where you make your actual purchase. At this lower price range, I think they offer good value for money. The normal RRP is £22-23. At the lower price point, these will be affordable for most people.
In a Hurry?
Below we have reviewed these grass shears in a lot of detail. However, if you don't have time to read all of the information, then you can check the availability at Amazon UK by clicking the button to the right.
Draper Straight Edge Garden Shears Features
It is also worth mentioning that Draper tools are becoming more and more popular in the UK. They are good quality and they do try to keep their prices low.
That makes them attractive to many homeowners, who want good quality but don't want to break the bank to get a decent type of product. These hand shears fit nicely into this bracket.
Draper Straight Edge Garden Shears Specification
- Very sharp and non-stick blades
- Have coated handles made from triangular steel for comfortable use
- They have shock bumpers to add more comfort as the metal ends do not then bump together and are cushioned
- Measure 59 x 18.5 x 6.5 cm and weigh 1.07 Kg
It is always important that before buying a product to have a look at what real life buyers of the product have to say about it, and also how they rate it.
That is what we do here at the website, and then we try and summarise that information so as our readers don't have to read through countless buyer reviews.
Overall buyers have given these Draper shears an average buyer satisfaction rating of 88%.
- 66% of all buyers deemed these shears worthy of a 5 star review
- 4% of all buyers gave this a poor review
Pros & Cons
Just below we have done a concise summary of the pros and cons of these shears.
What Buyers Liked
- They are sharp and will cut most hedges, shrubs and are also good at trimming the edges of lawns
- These are certainly very good value for money according to the majority of buyers
- Compact. light in weight and easy to store
- Easy to sharpen
- Good budget shears that do the job
What Buyers Didn't Like
- They are not good for any type of heavy cutting or thick branches on shrubs
- A few buyers said they went rusty too quickly
Our Verdict and Summary of the Draper 36800 Soft Grip Straight Edge Garden Shears
Buyers rate these highly enough and overall and give them good reviews. In my opinion they are a little more expensive than they should be. Buyers however say that these are good value for money.
The good news about these is that there almost no bad reviews about this set of shears and that is always a very good sign indeed. That is in our opinion directly related to the lower price point.
Many garden shears of high quality cost around £30. With these selling at around half that price, buyers are a tad more forgiving in being too critical about these.
They come with a 12 month guarantee.
88% buyer satisfaction based on 500+ online buyer reviews
These will do the job for any gardener who needs to cut the edge of a lawn, or trim a hedge or shrubs. They don't have any of the fancy gearing mechanisms, so a bit more manual to use than that type. These are in our opinion a good basic set of shears and will be fine if they are only used a few times a year for lighter types of cutting.
If these are not the right shears for you, then you can read my top 10 rated list of hand shears.
The Draper Brand
Many UK buyers like the Draper brand. They are a family run business who have been in the UK for over 90 years. Their general range of tools are well made and also affordable for most people.
They have three brands within their brand which are:
- Draper - Suitable for DIY enthusiasts and some trades - their core range
- Draper Expert - these are tools made for the trade
- Draper Redline - Quality tools at affordable prices for the DIY enthusiast - these are entry level tools
They are a UK company formed in 1919 and a family run business based in North Baddesley, Hampshire