Thanks for taking your time to read our information on the best heavy duty tarpaulins, that are currently available on the UK market.
A heavy duty tarpaulin is perfect for a variety of uses, both indoor and outdoor such as picnics, camping, fishing, protecting the inside of your vehicle, for use during DIY. Many buyers also use this for protecting outdoor items from the elements - garden furniture, log stores and others use this for covering trailers, cars, boats, bikes, and caravans when not in use.
It is also very useful for building and construction to protect the work area and building materials. Likewise many people use it as a cover for an open trailer.
92% buyer satisfaction rating based on 8,000+ online buyer reviews
GardenMate 3m x 4m / 10ft x 13ft Tarpaulin Waterproof Heavy Duty
- The GardenMate is a heavy duty tarpaulin made from 90g/m² Polypropylene
- It is coated on both sides, waterproof, strong and durable,washable, UV stabilised and mould resistant
- The sheet has metal eyelets at each corner and along the edges for added strength and durability
- The edges are stitched with double material and all corners and edges are rubber reinforced.
- It measures 3m x 4m / 10ft x 13ft (12m²)10ft x 13ft (130sq ft) and in a green blue colour
Generally speaking most buyers say this is waterproof, and stays like that unless it gets ripped
It is heavy duty and quite large, but all things considered, still light enough for one person.
Value for money
At around £17, this is one of the cheapest on the UK market, and we think about the right price point.
90% buyer satisfaction rating based on 2,000+ online buyer reviews
Faithfull FAITARP1812 5.4 x 3.6m (18 x 12ft) Tarpaulin
- This tarp is also very popular and has a tough waterproof cover with a laminate woven polyethylene construction
- It has also been heat sealed, with a poly rope reinforced hem
- It is according to the manufacturer tough, durable, tear, stretch and UV resistant, with rust resistant metal eyelets
- It is reversible between silver and green and weighs 80 grams per square meter.
- It measures 5.4 x 3.6m/ 18 x 12ft
Buyers say that this tarp is indeed waterproof, and as long as it isn't damaged works well
It is one of the lightest on the UK market, but still well made and very durable
Value for money
At around £15, this is at the lower end of the price point for a heavy duty tarp
88% buyer satisfaction rating based on 2,500+ online buyer reviews
Sola Direct 3 x 4 m Green Tarpaulin Waterproof Furniture Caravan Cover Sheet
- This is a durable and lightweight tarpaulin
- The edges are finished with reinforced bounds
- There are fixing eyelets (every about 1m) the whole way around the outer edge
- This model is fully waterproof, mould-resistant and easy to wash.
- This tarpaulin is been made of polyethylene, which is pretty durable
- This is a cheap and light model. I would say it's more of an indoor dust cover and although it is waterproof, it wont stand up to a lat of wind or harsh elements
Although this is cheap and gets good reviews, I am very tempted to tell you to go for something more expensive. This is not really suitable for outdoor use in British winters.
This is waterproof so no issue here, it will withstand rain no problem. I wouldn't expect it to last very long in a storm
At about 1Kg this is as light as you will get. It fells light and the material is very thin.
Value for money
At around £11, this is not an expensive buy, but keep in mind that you get what you pay for
92% buyer satisfaction rating based on 600+ online buyer reviews
Anytime Garden Heavy Duty Tarp Green
- I found this to be the best mix of value and quality of all the tarpaulins we reviewed
- This is a water proof, European Polyethylene (PE) tarpaulin
- They are pretty light at 100g per Metre Squared
- It is made to withstand any weather, rain, snow, frost or sleet
- The tarp is UV Resistant so it wont discolour or more importantly wont let UV on to whatever its covering
- Can be used as a cover for Tents, Cars, Boats and Caravans and much more
This model is totally waterproof and you can be sure it will give total protection from wind and rain
This is lightweight but it is also deceptively strong for the price. It can actually take quite a bit of abuse and wont rip or tear
Value for money
Bargain ! This is much much better than I expected and is easily the best all round value of any we have reviewed
92% buyer satisfaction rating based on 400+ online buyer reviews
ProDec CNT1812 Blue Multi-Purpose Tarpaulin
- Heavy duty multi-purpose tarpaulin
- Manufactured from double laminated coated fabric.
- Strong, fully weatherproof, 100% waterproof, tear and stretch resistant, washable and rot proof
- Regular, reinforced aluminium eyelets
- Ideal for all purposes - building, domestic, garden and storage
- This is a large, cheap model that will give you good weather protection and is strong enough for outdoor use
This model is totally waterproof so can be used outdoors and will offer full protection from the rain and the elements
Light and reasonable strong so gets good marks in this category
Value for money
This is excellent value for money and although it's quite light, it is reasonably strong and will take some mild abuse
What is the most durable tarp?
The most popular material that these tarpaulins are made from is polyethylene, which is mostly recycled plastic that has a woven mesh fabric that's sandwiched between the sheets of polyethylene. They are the most durabile as they are pretty tough, resistant to UV rays, and are chemical-resistant.
Durability is really measured by the weight of polyethylene per metre. So for instance, the strongest and most durable tarp above ( the Soviyas model ) has 150g per sq meter, whereas some of the lighter models will be 100g or less. This is the best way to tell the quality.
Are heavy duty tarps weatherproof?
All these heavy duty tarpaulins are waterproof. If you see one labelled as "water resistant" then keep well away from it as it will be no use to you. In general you will find they are all waterproof and this really isn't an issue for you when you are picking one. As above you should be looking at the weight of poly per meter squared and if it doesn't give you that information on the label then you know for sure that number is low and its a lightweight model.
What kind of tarps do truckers use?
Lorry curtains are in a whole different league to these domestic models. They are manufactured in heavy-duty 900g/m² PVC coated polyester fabric. This material has a larquered gloss finish and UV protection on both sides. It is extremely hardwearing and well suited for use in extreme weather conditions.
These curtains are very strong as you can imagine and you don't want to know how much they cost !
March 18, 2021
March 15, 2021
March 8, 2021
July 27, 2020
June 14, 2019
June 10, 2019